Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Fajitas

One of my favorite go to dinners is elk steak fajitas. It can easily be made dairy and gluten free. I use Mission tortillas (GF of course). Here is the key factor... pan fry these first! If you do not, they will get soggy and just fall apart. Seasonings are also something that anyone who is battling food allergies or intolerances needs to be aware of. Many times "natural flavors" or ingredients that are not listed, but lumped into a category contain these items. I make my own seasonings and do large batches so I can use them multiple times before remixing. Below is the recipe for my fajita seasoning:

1 T cornstarch
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp chicken bouillon
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp cumin

No comments:

Post a Comment